Friday, February 26, 2010

Busy week but a very nice end to the week

This week has been a pretty busy week. In fact the last two have been a little crazy. Between teaching, writing up papers, and keeping up with general life stuff I have not had a ton of time to sit down and take a deep breath.

Despite all of the craziness, stress, and less sleep I did have a very nice thing happen this week. On Tuesday I was working at home on a paper and took a short break for lunch and checked the Texas bicycle racing association website/forum and saw that someone had just posted that they had two frames that were free to a good home. Luckly they were my size and so I emailed him. But in the time that had passed both frames had been claimed. I received an email from the guy giving away the frames the next day asking what I was going to do with them and if raced. I explained that I wanted to build it up so that  I could use it to race and he responded by saying that he actually had another frame (a nicer one) that he would give me! My lucky day! So today I met him and picked up the frame and fork and now I have some parts to look for. So if anyone has a spare handle bar and stem, set of wheels, and oh yea a entire groupo let me know. So I have quite a few parts that I will be looking for but hopefully over the next 6-12 months I can find good deals on all of the parts that I need.

So without further delay here are a few pictures.  It is a very nice Italian frame. Which probably means that most will say that putting Shimano components on it would be a no no.

 


  

Fortunately the guy that gave it to me even included a Selle Italia SLR saddle with the frame (exactly the kind that I have on my Madone.
So Thank you Peter!!!

3 comments:

Senior Managing Rubbernecker said...

My vote is for you to ride it as-is. That's the only way I'll be faster than you!

Ken

tx/nc cyclist said...

Thanks Ken. That is one option but I have a feeling it will be a lot more fun with parts. Then again Ken you are assuming I could not just keep up with you by running. How much riding have you been doing?

Donald said...

What a really nice frame... but an even nicer guy to give it to you! Enjoy the process of buildng it piece by piece. It will make the bike that much more enjoyable to ride when it's finally ready to go.